Why does it cost so much for pet grooming?
There is A LOT that happens during a pet grooming that doesn’t happen at a human salon visit!
Here are the Top 10 reasons why it costs more to get your pet groomed, than to get your own hair cut!
1. Your hairdresser doesn’t wash and clear your rear end.
2. You don’t go 8 weeks without washing or brushing your hair.
3. Your hairdresser doesn’t give you a sanitary trim.
4. Your hairdresser doesn’t clear your ears.
5. Your hairdresser does not remove the bogies from your ears.
6. You sit still for your hairdresser.
7. Your haircut does not include a manicure or a pedicure.
8. Your headdress only washes and cuts the hair on your head.
9. You don’t bite or scratch your hairdresser.
10. The likelihood of you pooping on the hairdresser is pretty slim.
More Frequently Asked Questions
How long will my pet be at the groomer?
Generally, we ask for three to four hours to groom a pet. Some pets will take longer and shorter based upon size, condition of the coat, pet temperament and other unknown factors, such as bowel movements, etc.
If you would like your pet to be worked on by one person straight through that you would need to request our express service, which is an extra charge of $10-20 depending on size of the pet, condition of the coat and pet temperament. The express service generally takes 2 hours or less.
Are you kennel free?
No, unless you pay for the express service your pet will likely spend some time in a kennel. It is important to note that we place your pets in kennels for their safety while they are in our care, so that your pet is in a controlled environment and not exposed to other pets.
Why do the prices vary?
Every pet is different so the prices vary as well. Our prices vary based on pet breed, size, condition of coat, temperament and the difficulty of the service requested. If it is your first visit, your groomer should give you a final quote at the time of check-in.
How often should I get my pet groomed?
Every pet is different and every owner has different preferences. We have some Clients who come in every week or every two weeks, based on their pets and their preference for their pets grooming, but generally we recommend visiting us every four to six weeks.
Do I need an appointment?
We highly recommend that you make an appointment for your pet’s visit to the groomer, as some of our location’s appointments can book up a week in advance. We of course seek to accommodate our Client’s if we have availability, but an appointment is recommended and appreciated.